Saturday, October 3, 2009

Tuberculosis and me

Hey people.

Did y'all know that I had an operation done last, last Saturday? NO.
Okay. Anyways, i had it done to remove a cist (did i spell that correctly)that was growing on my forearm.

So, the doctor operated and ha the infected tissues sent to the lab for testing and the week later I went back to get the results and the doc said that they found strands of TUBERCULOSIS bacteria in the tissues but they weren't sure yet so I had to wait another week for them to be cultured and when I returned today, the result was negative.

BUT THEN, when the doc removed the stiches, he found out that the wound hasn't closed yet and it was still bleeding. He said "If you have TB, the wound will never heal". So, he sent me down to the x-ray department to have my chest x-rayed to check for abnormalities and lesions.

RESULT: NO CHEST LESIONS FOUND.
                HEART SIZE IS NORMAL.

BUT, the doc wanted to take precautions and so he took the blood and fluid from my forearm to have it cultured again for TB bacteria. And wait...

Here's the best part :D

I have to wait another 6 weeks :D great eh?-__-

I won't be able to sleep peacefully for 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment